Sending and receiving text messages on your computer or other devices can be convenient. Here are instructions for various methods to accomplish this:
How to Send Texts in Windows 10 (Your Phone App):
This method allows you to send and receive text messages on a Windows 10 PC with an Android phone. It uses the Your Phone app.
- Open the “Your Phone” app on your Windows 10 PC.
- Select “Android” and then click “Continue”.
- Install the “Your Phone Companion” app on your Android phone from the Google Play Store.
- Back on your PC, click “Yes, I finished installing Your Phone Companion” and then “Open QR code”.
- Open the “Your Phone Companion” app on your Android phone, grant the necessary permissions, and scan the QR code displayed on your PC screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Once set up, you can send and receive text messages from your Windows 10 PC using the Your Phone app.
How to Send Texts via iMessage (iOS, iPadOS, macOS):
This method allows Apple device users to send and receive iMessages, which includes both standard messages and multimedia messages (MMS).
- Make sure your Apple device is logged in with your Apple ID.
- Open the “Settings” app and go to “Messages”.
- Toggle on the “iMessage” switch.
- Under “Send & Receive”, verify your phone number and email addresses for sending and receiving iMessages.
- Ensure that other iOS and iPadOS devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On a Mac, open the “Messages” app, go to “Messages” in the menu bar, select “Preferences”, and sign in with your Apple ID.
- On your iPhone, go to “Settings” > “Messages”, and under “Text Message Forwarding”, enable the devices you want to send and receive SMS and MMS messages on.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to confirm the setup.
- You can now send and receive messages on your Apple devices, including iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
How to Send Texts via Android Messages (Android and PC):
This method allows Android users to send and receive text messages using the Android Messages web interface on a computer.
- Visit the Android Messages website (messages.google.com) on your computer’s web browser.
- Open the “Messages” app on your Android phone.
- Tap the profile icon in the top-right corner and select “Device pairing”.
- Choose the QR code scanner option and scan the QR code displayed on the Android Messages website.
- Once connected, you can use the web interface to send and receive text messages from your computer.
Sending Texts via Email:
You can also send text messages via email using the recipient’s SMS gateway. Here are some common SMS gateways for U.S. carriers:
- AT&T: [PhoneNumber]@txt.att.net (SMS) or [PhoneNumber]@mms.att.net (MMS)
- Verizon: [PhoneNumber]@vtext.com (SMS) or [PhoneNumber]@vzwpix.com (MMS)
- T-Mobile: [PhoneNumber]@tmomail.net (SMS and MMS)
- Sprint: [PhoneNumber]@messaging.sprintpcs.com (SMS) or [PhoneNumber]@pm.sprint.com (MMS)
Replace [PhoneNumber] with the recipient’s phone number, including the area code. Keep in mind that MMS (multimedia messages) may have different gateways.
These methods should help you send and receive text messages on your computer or other devices, depending on your platform and preferences.